Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 android V2.3 Gingerbread based 3.5 inch screen sized touchwiz V3.0 UI smartphone now gets unofficial android 4.2.2 jellybean features with CyanogenMod 10.1 beta7 based custom ROM firmware. I think this post helps to install updated Android 4.2.2 jellybean custom ROM firmware on samsung galaxy Ace S5830 only and may be working on Samsung galaxy AceII-I8160, Ace ...
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 android V2.3 Gingerbread based 3.5 inch screen sized touchwiz V3.0 UI smartphone now gets unofficial android 4.2.2 jellybean features with CyanogenMod 10.1 beta7 based custom ROM firmware. I think this post helps to install updated Android 4.2.2 jellybean custom ROM firmware on samsung galaxy Ace S5830 only and may be working on Samsung galaxy AceII-I8160, Ace plus-S7500 and also Ace duos-S6802 too.
From this unofficial ROM update your S5830 device gets following working features GPS, Camera preview && taking pictures, Google Play Store, Gmail, Wi-Fi, Mobile data, Booting, Audio, HW accel, Touch (with multitouch), Sensors, USB mass storage, Telephony, Bluetooth, Camera recording
Before installing Custom ROM on your Samsung galaxy Ace S5830 take following action to be safe
Backup your mobile complete data ex Images, Contact and settings. It proves as intelligent step in case, the update process does not go right or any data damage we you can easily restore.
Simple back up guide Use “SMS Backup & Restore app” for SMS, Sync with the Gmail application for contact, Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card, Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”- 2G- GPRS or 3G network APN and MMS Settings.
Enable USB debugging option by checking this path link “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
Keep minimum of 80% battery back up to install successful firmware without any interruption (switch off)
Your device already must be Rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery installed
Before start your CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Custom ROM firmware install on Samsung galaxy Ace S5380 read carefully Disclaimer and Warning from our team.
cm-10.1-20130216-UNOFFICIAL-cooper.zip (93.6MB)- Android 4.2.2 Beta 7
Steps to follow to install CM10.1 custom ROM
- Download above listed zip file to local hard disk on PC or laptop and connect your device to PC via USB cable or Wi-Fi and transfer or copy both downloaded ZIP file (don’t do unzip)to your MicroSD Card.
- Turn off and reboot into Recovery (CWM Recovery) by using this simple step press Home + Power button simultaneously.
- From Recovery Menu, use Volume Up or Down button for navigation
- Go to choose from SDcard or install ZIP from SD card and Flash CM10.1 zip from SdCard from SDCard
- After ZIP file got flashed DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
- That’s it, Reboot your device and this may take 5-10 minutes to open welcome screen in your Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone.
- Now check your android and Kernel version from settings About device section.
Disclaimer and Warning
The above unofficial Flashing and Custom ROM installation may lead to your device’s hardware and software damage and your device lose warranty info, but you can easily get back this by Flashing default Stock ROM. So follow the process at your own risk.